WE HAD a BAPTISM TODAY!!! It was so exciting! Maria, 77 years old was baptized today and she is great and so excited! I was so happy to see the members really stepping in to help her--members are so incredibly important in this work.
Things are really good, I am learning a ton, understanding more and more each day, and it is getting pretty hot here! But, I love the sun and the heat...after sitting in the CTM for 9 weeks and not seeing any of it, it is quite nice.
Sister Cruz, my companion, was seriously sent from heaven. She has been so patient with me and is teaching me a ton. She and I are actually able to have some pretty good conversations together which is good. I just get frustrated when I can´t say some thing how I would normally say it or when I don´t know how. Sometimes, I feel like I am not able to express my personality and I am going to lose it...hahaha but, I know the language will come. (Please pray for me!!!!) hahaha
We have had some pretty cool experiences this week teaching lessons. Yesterday, we taught a man who wanted to refute everything we were teaching him about the restoration. (granted, I didn´t understand everything, but , I understood enough). We had a member of the Bishopric with us which made me feel much more comfortable and he bore a powerful testimony. This man´s name is Sidney and he was being really quite rude to us. He then started asking why we thought our church was true. And then, out of know where...our came portuguese I didn´t really plan on speaking. I told him that after Christ died, His apostles were killed and the proper authority to act in his name, perform ordinances, and recieve revelation were taken from the earth. As a result many people were confused and tried to restore truths, but did not have the right authority to receive revelation from God and this led to the formation of many churches. Many of these churches contain parts of the truth, but when Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith they then called him to be a prophet and the fullness of Christ´s church was restored to the earth in its fullness as it was while christ was on the Earth. After I said this, he got really quite for a minute...and then sister Cruz told him that we are not here to force him to believe anthing, but to invite him to pray for himself to see if the fullness of the truth has been restored to the earth and if the Book of Mormon is true.
Who knows what will happen, but we will see.
K- so funny story: Sister Cruz and I are walking to a member´s house (their son teaches at the CTM) and we are passing a gas station and i completely biffed it infront of three women...it was pretty emabarrassing. Sister Cruz calls me Sandra Bullock from Miss Congeniality...hahahaha The sidewalk and my skirt did not mix. hahahaha
Every meal we eat here is like eating at a restaurant it is sooo good!!!
Anyway, my time is up and I gotta go. I love you all and please feel free to e-mail any time, I don´t recieve my letters very often.
The church is so true!!!!
-Sister Scott
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment