Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Letter dated 6/2/09

I am loving it here!!! I have the cutest companions. I really lucked out. I have so much to tell you, but I don´t have much time, I will write it in a letter though...this key board kind of stinks....really stiff keys. I am at a place called Mr. Cheney´s. They sell amazing cookies and they offer internet services to missionaries because they are right accross from the CTM. Go to MissionTies.com and you might be able to learn more about it. It is run by members and they really love the missionaries.

I was able to go to the Sao Paulo Temple today....BEAUTIFUL!!!

So, Portuguese is coming...slowly, but surely. I just need to work harder. One of the first things we learned how to do was to pray in Portuguese. So, we all wrote down a prayer and we would take turns in our meetings with our district saying it and practicing. Well, the other night it was my turn and we all knelt down at the end of our long day of classes and study time of 14 hours. My district was already pretty giggly so, I was a mess. I started my prayer and we all tried as hard as we could not to laugh (yeah, tough luck). So, I am trying my hardest to pronounce everything correctly and I get so messed up. I was so tired and tired of Portuguese...it was a mess. Then, my district really got laughing hard. Then, Elder Anderson, who was kneeling next to me said--before I ended my prayer,´Did I seriously just hear you cuss 3 times????´ We all started laughing soooo hard. I couldn´t believe it. I hadn´t even noticed because I was trying so hard to get my words right. So, I quickly ended my prayer as best I could and then it was an uproar! Oh man...I guess it´s better to do that in the MTC than, in the home with investigators.

About the mail-I guess it takes three weeks to get a letter to and from unless, you do the MissionTies thing through Mr. Cheney´s. Í guess it is much cheaper and faster, like 3 days.

Anyway, I LOVE YOU tons tons tons!!! I hope to hear from you soon!!!

When you write, please put my full name and then below my name put: Box #15 and District 22-B and that helps them sort the mail a little easier. Everything else is the same with my address.

much love,
Sister Scott

(that´s still wierd to me...man, I am on a mission!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment